Monday, January 28, 2008

Warning! Knitting Content!

Knitting finally!
I got my first self striping sock yarn the other day (OnLine - Tropic) and decided to try out my first short row heel (tried a toe up-short row once but it didn't work out). I messed up the first time but the second time it turned out - woo! I was planning on making these for my mum who has slightly smaller feet than me so they don't quite fit me... I have to say though, I don't like the fit of short row heels as much as I like the heel flap method.... I'm going to try another pair with a heel flap and cross my fingers that it doesn't mess up the self striping. I'm a bit disappointed because I've been scouring the 'net for months now trying to find a short row heel (ended up using the Priscilla's Dream Socks pattern for the heel and just a regular toe). I love the way it looks but yeah, it seems that when I put the sock on (even before I started the toe) I really had to pull the sock to get my heel where the heel of the sock is. That doesn't happen with the heel flap. And because I've knit enough flap heels they seem waaaaaay quicker than the short row (and take a lot less concentration).


My second project that I've been meaning to blog about is my entrelac project. I'm using the instructions for the Lady Eleanore Stole with a couple extra repeats thrown in. I'm using Knit Picks Shine Sport and alternating the colours every row - huge PITA btw... I have another yarn I'm looking at using for another entrelac project once this is out of the way. I'm making this in hopes of it becoming a baby blanket (I'll line it and probably do an applied i-cord edging or a crochet one). I definitely am fond of entrelac but it's not as good work knitting as say a sock or mitten.


Temperature: -32C (windchill: -42C --- It only takes 11km/h winds to drop the temp! They're having a blizzard where my mum lives and the windchill is in the -50s!!!)
Sunrise: 11:33am
Sunset: 4:40pm

No comments: