Sunday, January 6, 2008

The town is having a welcome home party and we're all invited...

Guess who is coming to town tomorrow?

The Sun!!!

He'll only be in town for about an hour but every day after that he'll stay a little longer.

Can you tell I'm a bit excited? haha It's been so cloudy and grey lately, it's going to be SO nice to get a bit of sunshine! The sun coming back also means that I survived the dark season once again. It's not so bad but every year just before it hits I get really nervous and then once we're out of it I'm so relieved. Like my brain is telling me that this year it'll somehow be different and it'll be pitch black every day for a month (not true, we have glorious 4-5 hour sunrise sunset combos).
Here's a little preview of what we can expect to see tomorrow (taken last year):


I know I keep mentioning it but the fireworks are tonight. I don't know why I'm looking forward to it because they're SO terrible every year. I think we're planning on walking out on the lake tonight to watch them from there. I'm going to see if my camera will cooperate and take some pictures of the action. I have a friggin expensive camera yet I haven't been able to get a successful night shot yet. It really annoys me. Oh well, we'll try again tonight and hope we don't get frost burn from the tripod.

Temperature: -23C (Feels like -33C)
Sunrise: -
Sunset: -

2 comments:

maryannlucy said...

Wow! What a fab thing to do - just think, it is all good from now on :) I can't believe your temperatures - eek!!!!!!! And lucky you to be spoilt by Lulu - she's a great gal! Pity she can't send you some sunshine though ;-)

Megan said...

It's a pretty big event every year - there was an article about it in a really well known magazine or two a number of years ago and from then on it's been a pretty big tourist event. They used to sell t-shirts and everything.
The Lulu package is awesome. Every time we had people over I hauled everything out to show them. We could definitely use the sunshine and the warm temps!