Friday, July 4, 2008

New Lens!

I ordered a new lens last week and it came today! I'm so excited! It's a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8II. Great for portraits and close-up nature stuff (it would work ok for just plain landscape stuff too but it doesn't zoom). Even though it's a bit cloudy out and the mosquitoes are outrageous, I put on some bug repellent and took some shots on the road (this picture was taken around 11:45pm).



I'm really looking forward to getting out in some better light and hopefully less bees (one chased me around and almost got caught in my hair - ahhhh!). My camera is SO light now with this tiny lens (the other one is a 28-135mm - a bit of a monster and not a very "sneaky" lens).
In a few weeks I'm planning on ordering a 10-22mm lens unless something more interesting in the same price range catches my eye.

The festival is a week away! I have all my prints in so I'm ready to go!

Glen's sister had her baby this week and I knit up some cute things. Once they get the package I'll post pictures (we sent it priority so it should be there next week).


Temperature: +18C
Sunrise: n/a
Sunset: n/a

No comments: