Monday, June 2, 2008

Exciting News From the Park!

My mum called me collect on Saturday from the payphone out at the park to tell me some exciting news. Remember those Robin's eggs? Well, there are three babies in the nest now!



Since she'll be out there so much she's going to try to get a picture of them ever few days/week.

I got all my kits put together for my workshop (took all evening!) and I even got a really great piece done (it's a picture of fireweed a plant that is REALLY common around here).



I have another picture done too but it's not as great. I don't draw or paint so it's a bit tough for me to get perspective just right. I find needle felting to be a bit more forgiving than drawing or painting so I don't get so frustrated.

Here's a picture of the first batch of canvases I ordered:



These are all 8x10s. I put in another order with a few more 8x10s and some 16x20s. I also ordered two 16x20s of our Australia pictures (a Koala picture and a Twelve Apostles picture). I LOVE how these turned out and I'm so excited.

Anyway! I should get ready to go downtown... I was going to get my drivers license renewed today but I think I'll put it off until tomorrow.

Temperature: +9C
Sunrise: n/a
Sunset: n/a

No comments: