Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gardening

Inspired by Bezzie's container gardening, a few weeks ago I went and bought some pots, dirt and seeds and planted my own little container garden:



I'm worried that I might've planted a bit late but I figured our 24hrs of daylight will make up for it. On the package of corn it said it's specially selected for colder environments with shorter growing times so we'll see! The only things sprouting right now are my peas (woo!) and my morning glory. Sometime this week I'll go pick up some netting for my peas. I wasn't sure if the landlady wanted to put anything in the raised beds in the yard otherwise I guess I could've used those.

I've been trying to get out and take more pictures lately. It's a bit hard because I've been going to bed fairly early and during the day there isn't really anything remarkable happening (a photography book I just got said that the only two times a day a landscape photographer should be out taking pictures is dawn and dusk --- dusk here is 2-3am!). Anyway, we went for a walk around the lake yesterday evening and I got a few nice shots and then around 2am I noticed the light was doing some pretty cool things outside so we took a drive. I don't normally put my "professional" photos up on here but I really wanted to share this shot:




Robin Update:
Mum said the baby robins have left the nest so unfortunately there aren't any more pictures :-( That happened faster than I thought it would!



Temperature: +13C
Sunrise: n/a
Sunset: n/a

No comments: