Friday, February 8, 2008

New socks in less than a week!

I just finished a pair of self-striping socks for me!
I did the heel flap experiment and it all turned out! No pooling!! Once again, I made them "identical" for the hell of it. The only thing different again is the colour on the ends of the toes.
I think I'm going to take a break from socks and knit a few hats now... I have a Jayne hat to make for Glen's brother (just waiting on yellow yarn) and I desperately need an ear flap hat for myself. I have a really nice black cabled hat that I made but for some reason it doesn't like to stay over my ears. So I think a modified Kittyville hat is in my future. Off to dig in my stash I guess (which btw, I think I might be having a huge destash coming up... We're running into visa/immigration issues with Glen and are getting papers ready for my eventual exit to Australia so, if and when we do go only my "special" fibres will be joining us over there...) Stay tuned!!

Temperature: -37C
Sunrise: 10:41am
Sunset: 5:36pm

No comments: