Friday, August 17, 2007

Adventures and Knitting!

Well the name of the blog says it all. Today I'm actually posting about adventures AND knitting. Monday night my brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner (pretty much our usual Monday routine) and after sitting around for a while being bored my brother decided that we should go on an adventure.



We all piled into his crazy van and went for a ride. First we went down to the river but there was nothing exciting happening so we piled back into the van and let Marc drive us where ever he decided the adventure was going to be. We ended up at one end of the lake where a playground is so we decided to play on the equipment and that was our adventure.



Next comes some more knitting content. I got a few more random things finished. I finished knitting the hat for my brother's girlfriend and I'm SO happy with how it turned out. Even though it's just a simple 2x2 ribbed hat, the thing that made it so neat was the fact that the colours spiraled around the hat. At first since I didn't realise the colours were going to spiral I was a bit disappointed because I thought the colours were pooling. I was SO close to ripping it all out and changing the number of stitches I cast on. I decided to just see how it was going to turn out. The yarn I used was the yarn that Cristine and I dyed together (she picked the colours and the order etc and I told her how to do the dying).
I also finished two ear flap hats (total 4). I didn't put pompoms on the darker one because it's a little more manly and I don't know many guys that are keen on pompoms. And thennnnn I finished a sari-silk scarf. I'm completely thrilled with how it turned out. A shoutout to Suzanne (SuzannaBanana) because without the swift she sent, I wasn't going to touch this yarn. I've had the sari-silk for a few years now and only got a few hanks of it wound (the long painful way) so I've had it sitting in my yarn bag waiting to be used. Having the swift has taken away a lot of the "I don't want to use it and ruin it" fear because now I can just get more sari-silk and wind it up whenever I need to now. Having to wind hanks of yarn (as pretty as they are) without a swift has probably stopped me from using 90% of my stash up until now.





Sunrise: 6:18am
Sunset: 11:34pm
Temperature: 12C (overcast)

No comments: